For all, April will bring warmer weather filled with sunshine, flowers, green grass, and spending time outdoors. For teachers and parents, April will bring SPRING CONFERENCES.
As a parent and former teacher, preparation for this event should be two-sided. Your child’s teacher must come prepared with samples of work, report cards, daily notes, insight regarding progress, and recommendations for improvement. A parent should also come to the conference prepared with insight and questions regarding their child’s performance.
A conference survey is one way to help parents and teachers work together to make Spring Conferences meaningful. The Beginning Preschool, Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Classrooms will send home a parent survey to complete and send back to each child’s teacher during the last week of March. The survey questions are designed to promote a conversation with your child regarding his/her experience this year.
Below is an example of a Parent Survey:
- What does your child enjoy most about Beginning Preschool, Preschool, or Pre-K?
- What is your child’s favorite part of the day? Least favorite?
- What has been your child’s biggest accomplishment in Beginning Preschool, Preschool, or Pre-K?
- Do you have any concerns/questions regarding your child’s trimester report?
- Do you feel your child is ready to move on to the next Preschool, Pre-K, or Kindergarten?
- Please describe your Brookridge Experience
Brookridge Day School will hold Spring Conferences on Friday, April 8, 2016. Parents, please be on the lookout for your child’s conference sign-up sheet coming soon!
*image courtesy of Rbn Jmnz / creative commons