Over the course of the next few months we’re going to introduce you to each one of the talented and dedicated professionals that make up Overland Park’s Brookridge Day School. We recently had 3rd grade teacher Katie Shonkwiler take time to tell us a little more about herself. Meet Katie!
- How long have you been at Brookridge Day School? This is my 22nd year!
- Your hometown postcard—what’s on it? The beach! I grew up in Massachusetts and spent my summers at the beach.
- Who is your hero and why? My daughter. Her love for missions and serving God is so amazing. I always say that I want to be like her when I grow up!
- What book are you reading right now? Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption by Beth Clark and Katie Davis
- What’s your favorite website or app? Teachers Pay Teachers
- What is the most rewarding aspect of your job? Watching children learn and grow!
- Describe your ideal Saturday! Staying in my pajamas, baking and then playing board games or card games.
- You’re leaving town for a very, very long time…where would you dine for your last meal and what would you eat? Mexican food! I’d eat anywhere…I’m not picky!
You can bookmark our blog to see additional staff info posts, along with all kinds of other useful information on topics that are important to parents of school-age kids! On social media? Follow us on Facebook or Pinterest!