Over the course of the next few months we’re going to introduce you to each one of the talented and dedicated professionals that make up Overland Park’s Brookridge Day School. We recently had Principal Barbara Brown take time to tell us a little more about herself. Meet Barb!
- How long have you been at Brookridge Day School? 40 years as an educator, 6 years as a junior staff
- Your hometown postcard—what’s on it? Estherville, Iowa. Corn!
- Who is your hero and why? My parents. They instilled a strong work ethic and provided unconditional love.
- What book are you reading right now? Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Name an interesting thing about yourself that others might not know. I had my first job at Brookridge when I was 16!
- What’s your favorite website or app? Amazon
- What is the most rewarding aspect of your job? The children. I love working with the children! I truly have the best job on the planet!
- Describe your ideal Saturday! Walking at Loose Park, cooking and catching up on reading.
- You’re leaving town for a very, very long time…where would you dine for your last meal and what would you eat? My dining room table with my husband. Grilled salmon, asparagus and cheesy potatoes are on the menu.
- Anything else you’d like to share? Children are a gift.
You can bookmark our blog to see additional staff info posts, along with all kinds of other useful information on topics that are important to parents of school-age kids! On social media? Follow us on Facebook or Pinterest!