She's our wonderful music teacher!
Over the course of the next few months we’re going to introduce you to each one of the talented and dedicated professionals that make up Overland Park’s Brookridge Day School. We recently had our wonderful music teacher, DONYA BOOTH, take time to tell us a little more about herself. Meet Donya!
- How long have you been at BDS? 26 years
- Your hometown postcard—what’s on it? The Dalton Gang, The Brown Mansion (Coffeyville, KS)
- Who is your hero and why? My mom. She is an inspiration to who I want to be. She is kind, giving and wants to do all she can for her family.
- What book are you reading right now? I am not a reader but when I am setting a good example to the kids in study hall I read. I am reading To the Hilt by Dick Francis.
- Name an interesting thing about yourself that others might not know. I love snow skiing, golf, camping or anything outside!
- What is your favorite web site or app? I don’t have one!
- What is the most rewarding aspect of your job? Seeing and hearing kids sing in the microphone.
- Describe your ideal Saturday! Sleep in till 7:30, eat breakfast, spend the day with my husband.
- You’re leaving town for a very, very long time…where would you dine for your last meal and what would you eat? I would eat a steak dinner at home.
You can bookmark our blog to see additional staff info posts, along with all kinds of other useful information on topics that are important to parents of school-age kids! On social media? Follow us on Facebook or Pinterest!