Over the course of the next few months we’re going to introduce you to each one of the talented and dedicated professionals that make up Overland Park’s Brookridge Day School. We recently had BDS Pre-K teacher Heather Vassmer take time to tell us a little more about herself. Meet Heather!
- How long have you been at Brookridge Day School? I have been teaching at BDS for 19 years!
- Your hometown postcard—what’s on it? The Chilocco Indian School, Arkansas City, KS
- Who is your hero and why? My father is my hero. He showed me the value of hard work and always wanted the very best for me. My dad was very hard on me but he wanted to bring the best out in me and I always wanted to make him PROUD!
- What book are you reading right now? Resisting Happiness by Matthew Kelly
- Name an interesting thing about yourself that others might not know. I was in 4-H for 11 years. I showed sheep, cattle and swine.
- What’s your favorite website or app? Pinterest
- What is the most rewarding aspect of your job? I love teaching young children and help shape their young lives.
- Describe your ideal Saturday! I love to spend my Saturdays hanging out with my family and friends. I also enjoy attending KSU football games in the fall.
- You’re leaving town for a very, very long time…where would you dine for your last meal and what would you eat? I would go eat Italian food at Johnny Cascone’s.
- Anything else you’d like to share? I am married to my husband Clay for 8 years and have a 5 year old son named Logan.
You can bookmark our blog to see additional staff info posts, along with all kinds of other useful information on topics that are important to parents of school-age kids! On social media? Follow us on Facebook or Pinterest!