Our optional summer activities are offered throughout the summer and help customize your child’s summer experience here at Brookridge. With each month’s newsletter, we will include the details for that month’s field trips and optional activities.
How does it work?
Simply check the activities you wish for your child to participate that month, total the cost and attach your payment or stop by the front desk. Optional activities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Swimming lessons, held at nearby Stonegate Pool. For those students who have completed Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 4. Lessons are given BEFORE THE POOL OPENS TO THE PUBLIC, and our Brookridge staff is in the water along with the certified swimming instructors!
- Dance classes– ballet and tap classes taught by local dancer Missy Belt.
- Strech-n-Grow– a comprehensive fitness and nutrition program for kids, with emphasis on exercise. Taught by Bobbi Munsen, local franchisee.
- Tae Kwon Do classes– taught by Stephen Lipscomb, an internationally certified black belt with over 20 years’ experience in the martial arts.
- Chess Club– taught by Curtis Hartman, from Midwest Chess Academy.
- MusIQ Club– an “enriched, sequential skill building music program” through multi-sensory activities. Taught by Reggie Watkins, a professional pianist and organist, with roots in gospel, jazz and classical music